The CP conference is the premier annual international conference on constraint programming. It is concerned with all aspects of computing with constraints, including but not limited to algorithms, environments, languages, models, systems, theory, and applications such as decision making, resource allocation, configuration, planning, and scheduling.
We invite proposals for workshops preceding the main conference program of CP 2021, which will be held online from October 25th to October 29th, 2021. The purpose of the CP workshops is to provide an informal venue in which participants can:
- explore specific research areas in depth,
- discuss new research directions,
- study specific application areas of CP, or
- bring together researchers from different fields with shared interests.
In previous years, workshop topics included data analytics, smart cities, packing & placement, cloud computing, configuration, AI planning, teaching, testing & verification, bioinformatics, constraint-based modeling, CP solvers, cross-fertilisation with other solving technologies, etc. We are happy to receive workshop proposals for either the same or new topics, especially those exploring multi-disciplinary ideas and methodologies.
While you are free to have a more traditional workshop with invited abstracts and/or invited lectures, we also encourage new ideas and formats that could foster more interaction from your audience, especially given the online context of the conference.
All workshops will take place at the site of the main conference, and follow either a half-day format or a full-day format.
Important Dates (for Workshop organizers)
- June 12th, 2021 - Workshop proposal submission deadline,
- July 5th, 2021 - Workshop acceptance notification,
- (TBD) - Early registration deadline (accepted speakers must have received notifications),
- October 25th, 2021 - CP 2021 Workshops.
Each workshop proposal should include the following information, in a single PDF file or in plain text:
- Abstract outlining the goals and scope of the workshop
- Description of the target audience
- Motivation for running the workshop
- Estimate on the number/list of (invited) speakers, tutors, and participants
- History of the workshop (if applicable), with the number of applications and the number of attendees (if available)
- Tentative duration of the workshop: half day or full day
- Relevant chairing experience of the main organizers (if any)
- Organizing committee members (if already known)
- Contact information of the main organizers
The Workshop Chair will acknowledge receipt of the proposal.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Organizers
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
- Creating calls for abstracts (or papers) and calls for participation, and distributing them on specialist channels not used by the Publicity Chair of CP 2021.
- The call for abstracts (or papers), if any, must clearly describe the review & selection process and indicate that at least one author of every accepted abstract (or paper) must attend the workshop and pay the workshop fees; otherwise the presentation (and paper) will be withdrawn from the proceedings (if any) and program.
- Creating and publishing, in a timely manner, a webpage at the CP 2021 website, including all the relevant calls and information pertaining to the workshop.
- Providing a short description for the conference program.
- Reviewing and selecting abstract (or paper) submissions.
- Scheduling the presentations within the workshop.
Responsibilities of the CP 2021 Organizing Committee
The responsibility of the conference organization is to:
- Publicize the workshop calls with the help of the Publicity Chair,
- Publicize the workshop program as a whole,
- Coordinate the allocation of time blocks for each workshop.
Please send your proposal of Workshop by email to the Workshop Chair Andre Augusto Cire.